So, we recently had our basement finished. I say recently, because it finally wrapped up about mid July, despite having been started just before Thanksgiving. Last year. Anyway, it was a long process, but the end result is totally worth it! My favorite part of the whole process is my new sanctuary. The only thing left to do in here is hang my pegboard on the wall, but we were just so antsy to get the workers out of our house we really didn't plan ahead on how it would be attached to the wall.... oh well, at least its functional! Below are a few images of my sewing room. Let me know if you have any questions about the layout or where anything is from!
Edited 4.11.16 to include details of where things are from:
- Thread racks: Martha Stewart Collection from Home Decorators Collection
- Magnet Boards: Silver Metal Ikea Spontan Magnetic boards covered in floral Twill fabric from Hobby Lobby. These hold several Ikea Grundtal magnetic jars where I keep can clips, tags, sewing feet, etc in.
- Peg Board: Custom made by our carpenter with plain white beg board and trimmed in leftover door molding. Molding painted by me.
- Corner desk: Combination of Ikea furniture... Linnmon Table Tops, Alex drawer bases, and Klimpen Bookcase bases
- Desk Chair/Cutting Table stool: Ikea Ingolf Chair and Barstool
- Cutting Table: Ikea Stenstorp Kitchen Island
- Dress form: Hobby Lobby
- Closet Shelving: customized Ikea Algot shelving system
- Full length mirror: Ikea Hemnes Mirror
- Teal arm Chair: Custom Klaussner recliner